Often, the big refrigerator at home doesn’t seem to have enough space for everything. Plus, an extra small refrigerator is always handy, just to keep the beer chilled or to simply to stock extra shopping. Buying a compact réfrigérateur can be confusing, which is why we have come up with a simplified guide for your help.
- Consider the size. To be a true compact fridge, the capacity typically has to be 100 liters or less, although there are products with capacity of 120 liters that are classified in this category. The choice depends on your requirement, but it is a good idea to actually invest in a slightly bigger model, so that you can make use of the space. It is still important that you check the dimensions before buying, especially in case of space restriction.
- Do you need a freezing compartment? Not all compact refrigerators have a freezer box, but we recommend that you consider that as an option. Refrigerators with an additional freezer are always handy and useful in the long run. Thermoelectric fridges don’t have a freezer and are more ideal for traveling.
- Space inside. What may seem like a big refrigerator might have little space inside. This is an aspect that homeowners and buyers fail to check while buying the product. Make sure that the mini fridge has enough room to store what you are intending to.
- Adjustable shelves. Refrigerator shelves are either made of toughened glass or wires, but if consider use and durability, toughened glass is always better. Also, check if you can adjust the shelves, which is possible for many compact models, as well.
- Brand and warranty. Eventually, brand for a refrigerator is important and probably matters more than anything else. If you go for names like Danby or Haier, you can be assured of the product quality, and most companies do offer a 12-month warranty on the product at the very least.
If you are buying a second refrigerator for just personal use or to store drinks and beverages, you should also check the door shelves to know the space. Online stores, with limited overheads, can offer a better discount on the price, and you can also expect to find great deals and more models to choose from. Think of this as an investment for the long run and go for the best one you can get for your budget.